Divorced Dads: Shattering The Myths
By Sanford L. Braver and Diane O'Connell
"Divorced Dads, Shattering the Myths" is a result of the largest federally funded 8 year study in the United States of the issues confronting divorced parents and their children.
It dispels many false assumptions that are presented by governments and lobby groups with the truth based on researched facts.
Some of the myths it shattered which are covered by the research include:
- deadbeat dads,
- no-show dads,
- standards of living after separation,
- terms of divorce,
- the emotional impact and issues of divorce, and
- who leaves the marriage, why, and why it matters.
The book proposes rational custody policies based on research.
The truths presented in this book contradict much of what is pushed as truth by governments, and lobbyists from non-governmental organizations.
A must read for anyone concerned with divorce issues. It separates the truth from the propaganda.
This book should be read by all politicians legislating divorce and child support laws.
- Hardcover: 288 pages ; Dimensions (in inches): 1.25 x 9.25 x 6.25
- Publisher: J. P. Tarcher; (October 1998)
- ISBN: 087477862X